Google Search Console infomation
What is Search Console?
Google Search Console is set of services and tools provided by Google for everyone. GSC ( previously Google Webmaster Tools) main reason is to provide support to webdevelopers/SEOs help them finding and fixing issues and giving insights about SERP perfomance. Those services can be grouped in few categories:
– Google Search Data
– Google-bot Crawl Data
– Other like, Page speed, Disavow tool
Ability to understand data provided by GSC and using GSC is core skill of any professional SEO.
How to use google search console
Using GSC is easy, what takes time is learning to use it in most effective way. Amount of information provided there may be overwhelming. That is why it`s good to have a plan.
Please see below begininer guide to using Google Search Console
1. Starting point, adding Your domain to GSC,
- If You don`t have Gmail account create it.
- On main page after logging in to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home click big red Add a property button
- You can add to 1000 properties ( websites or apps) to one GSC account,
- Then You need to verify it and there are couple of ways to do it:
Google search console setup
Old google search console - detail Description