PPC Analyst is person responsible for analyzing Pay Per Click Media performance , using data and analytical skills and tools to optimise outcomes from all PPC ativities depending on KPI, most important would be improving ROI.
Similar to SEO Analyst, Pay Per Click Media Analyst is using his analytical skills, logical thinking, problem solving, thinking about possible correlations and possible insights for optimization, and number of different many tools for analyzing data from PPC specyfic tools like AdWords Editor, WordStream Advisor, AdWords Performance Grader, SEMrush, Spyfu, Unbounce, and others Excel, SQL, Python, R to Platforms for visualizations like Tableau, Power Bi, Google Data Studio.
PPC Analyst resume should include:
- Running successful PPC campaigns , handling significant budget.
- Project spending pattern forecasting on advance level
- Ability to provide PPC and Paid Social Strategies and recommendations.
- Knowledge on SEM data sources ( Adwords, GA, Semrush, Similarweb Searchmetrics)
- Good analytical skills ( example of analysis – what was the aim, what was the process ( how data was pulled, analyzed, visualized ) what was the insights , what were recommendations and how was it implemented and measured )
- Analytical skills, data science skills, statistical skills
- Knowledge off platforms for setting up reporting – GA, GDS, Gsheets, Power Bi, Tableau etc.
For PPC Analyst most important basic skills would be:
- Math ( it`s a must- without fluent basic math, percentage, growth You are not able
- Charts plots comparisons reading
- Excel skills ( pivot table, functions: vlookup, countifs, sumifs, averageifs, if, and, or, left, right)
- Analysis :
- Narrative Analysis
- Descriptive Analysis
- Basic forecasting
- Automate dashboards (excel)
- Using reporting platforms ( Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio)
- Data visualization skills
Adwords knowledge :
– Manage paid search and remarketing campaigns on Google AdWords and othe channels.