SEO Analyst is person responsible for data around Search Engine Optimization, this means, pulling , storing, analyzing , reporting and most important action recommendations based on data. It`s broad role as there are many different types and kinds of SEO data.
SEO Analyst is using his analytical skills, math and many tools for analysing data from Excel, SQL, Python, R to Platforms for visualisations like Tableau, Power Bi, Google Data Studio.
SEO Analyst resume should include:
- Working knowledge in SEO ( be able to pull insights)
- Knowledge on SEO data sources ( GSC, GA, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Moz, Semrush, Deepcrawl, Searchmetrics, Brightedge …etc.)
- Good analytical skills ( example of analysis – what was the aim, what was the process ( how data was pulled, analyzed, visualized ) what was the insights , what were recommendations and how was it implemented and measured )
- Analytical skills, data science skills, statistical skills
- Knowledge off platforms for setting up reporting – GA, GDS, Power Bi, Tableau etc.
For Seo Analyst most important basic skills would be:
- Math ( it`s a must- without fluent basic math, percentage, growth You are not able
- Charts plots comparisons reading
- Excel skills ( pivot table, functions: vlookup, countifs, sumifs, averageifs, if, and, or, left, right)
- Analysis :
- Narrative Analysis
- Descriptive Analysis
- Basic forecasting
- Automate dashboards (excel)
- Using reporting platforms ( Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio)
- Data visualization skills
- On page SEO ( content, structure, tags , keywords etc)
- Off page SEO ( backlinks, anchors, DA, PA)
- Technical SEO ( indexation, response codes, crawl data, markups , etc)